The Incredible Bamboo Plant – (Part 3)
What is bamboo used for?
Industrious people in China and around the world have used bamboo for millennia to make items that would improve their lives. This is because bamboo is stronger than wood, brick, or concrete, has a higher tensile strength than steel, and is flexible enough for delicate work.
These items include:
- Food, including sure dumplings and pickled bamboo
- Alcohol, including vodka and wine
- Clothing, including accessories like hats and shoes
- Fuel, including charcoal and biofuel
- Musical Instruments
- Cooking utensils, most notably chopsticks
- Water pipes
- Fishing Poles
- Tools, like drills and mallets
- Scaffolding and Building Materials
- Accommodation, including tree houses, temporary huts, and large mansions
- Bike frames
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Bamboo can be used to make anything that you could make from hardwoods. The only difference is that bamboo goods would cost less and be more durable.